Special Weather Statement:
Issued at: 3:30 PM PDT on May 24, 2013, expires at: 12:00 PM PDT on May 25, 2013
- ...Cool and showery weather for Memorial Day...
- hikers...backpackers and other outdoor enthusiasts are advised to be prepared for the much cooler and showery weather on Monday...possibly into the middle of next week.
- Conditions may be quite wet at times...especially in the northern Sierra Nevada. Snow levels will remain high but some accumulation may occur over the higher peaks.
- Daytime high temperatures 10 to 16 degrees below normal on Memorial Day...gradually warming through the week but still remaining below normal.
- Synopsis...low pressure moving over the area will bring the cool and unsettled weather to the interior of northern California for the Memorial Day Holiday.