Hard Freeze Warning:
Issued at: 2:45 PM PST on December 5, 2013, expires at: 9:00 AM PST on December 06, 2013
- ...Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am PST Friday...
- temperatures: mid 20s to around 30.
- Timing: overnight lows tonight through Friday morning for hard freeze.
- Locations include: Stockton...Modesto...Sacramento...Chico... Redding.
- Impacts: cold temperatures damage crops and kill sensitive vegetation...harm pets and livestock and could cause pipes to burst.
- For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards Precautionary/preparedness actions... A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions could damage crops and could kill other sensitive vegetation. Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 2:33 PM PST on December 5, 2013, expires at: 7:00 AM PST on December 07, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 PM Friday to 7 am PST Saturday... The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow with low snow levels...which is in effect from 4 PM Friday to 7 am PST Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
- Impacts: travel problems expected. Major roads may become impassable due to rapid snow accumulation. Road closures likely. Hazardous driving conditions in regions unaccustomed to snow.
- Confidence: high in mountain and upper foothill snow...medium in accumulating snow down to the valley floor across the northern Sacramento Valley.
- Timing: snow spreading into the area late Friday afternoon and continuing into late Friday night.
- Locations include: Alder Springs...Redding...Burney.
- Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches.
- For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento