Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 10:41 am PDT on May 5, 2016, expires at: 11:00 PM PDT on May 06, 2016
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 2 PM PDT this afternoon through Friday evening... The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for portions of northern California and south central Oregon...including the following areas...in northern California...southern and eastern Siskiyou County and much of Modoc County. In south central Oregon...most of Lake County and far eastern Klamath County.
- From 2 PM PDT this afternoon through Friday evening
- showers and slow-moving thunderstorms will cause locally heavy rainfall.
- Impacts: heavy rainfall may cause flash flooding of areas streams and creeks as well as urban areas. Rock slides and debris flows may occur in areas of steep terrain and also near recent burn scars. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued. Mas