Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:38 am PST on December 19, 2014, expires at: 10:00 PM PST on December 19, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening above 6000 feet...
- snow accumulations: an additional 2 to 5 inches above 6000 feet with up to 10 inches at the highest elevations.
- Elevation: a few inches of snowfall may occur down to the 5000 foot level today with the heavier snowfall above the 6000 foot level.
- Timing: light snowfall early this morning with the heaviest snow occurring late this morning into this evening.
- Locations include: Lassen National Park...Donner Pass...Echo Summit...Carson Pass.
- Winds: south 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Impacts: Road conditions will be slick due to snow. Travel delays expected with chain restrictions possible.
- For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibility...and use caution while driving. Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento