Once again areas protected from overnight winds will see a cold start this morning but sunny skies through the afternoon will give us all above average highs.
A ridge of high pressure continues strengthen over the West Coast. We have very dry air in place along with clear skies. This time of the year this setup allows for very cold overnights. However, areas that continue to see winds in the overnight will be much warmer than surrounding areas.
We also have strong inversion in place in the overnight and into the morning so the typical thermal belts will remain warmer than surrounding areas.
The ridge shows no signs of weakening over the next 10 days so Northern California will continue to see similar weather conditions along with occasional winds.
- Updated City of Shasta Lake dispensary gets licenses to sell recreational marijuana
- Weather Forecast: Sunny this weekend but gusty winds along the coast
- Updated George Clooney is working on a Watergate series for Netflix
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- GNRM hosts an early Christmas dinner for families in need