Redding, Chico & Red Bluff - Once again areas protected from overnight winds will see a cold start to Thursday but sunny skies through the afternoon.
A ridge of high pressure continues strengthen over the West Coast. We have very dry air in place along with clear skies. This time of the year this setup allows for very cold overnights. However, areas that continue to see winds in the overnight will be much warmer than surrounding areas.
We also have strong inversion in place in the overnight and into the morning so the typical thermal belts will remain warmer than surrounding areas.
The ridge shows no signs of weakening over the next 10 days so the Northstate will continue to see similar weather conditions along with occasional winds.
- Updated More than 100 students out sick after norovirus outbreak hits Eureka
- Updated Republicans prepare to release their final tax bill
- New Manafort gets $10 million bail, can travel to Florida
- Updated Small dog survives coyote attack caught on camera
- Updated Wanted felon arrested in Loleta by Humboldt County SWAT team