Redding, Chico & Red Bluff - Afternoon highs will fall to below normal Thursday with a few isolated mountain thunderstorms.
Thunderstorm activity is expected to stay east of the valley and closer to Lassen and Plumas Counties.
Afternoon highs will fall to 5-10 degrees below normal Thursday with passing clouds. Expect a little more sunshine by the afternoon hours.
Friday and Saturday will be a little warmer but it will be a struggle to even get up to normal for this time of the year.
Another cooling trend will begin Sunday with well below normal afternoon highs Monday through Wednesday. Our first fall system of the season will drop in from the Gulf of Alaska Monday night and into Tuesday. This will not be a soaking wet system but showers down to the valley are possible.
- 'Time is of the essence,' UN official says after North Korea visit
- Shasta High School defeats Marin Catholic, heads to State Championship
- Woman killed in overnight single-vehicle crash on I-5
- One person dead after officer-involved shooting in Redding
- Weather Forecast: Chilly mornings and moderate afternoons