BANGOR, Calif. - The Wall Fire, which is burning north of Bangor, in Butte County has burned 4,400 acres and is 17 percent contained. More than 1,000 personnel are working the fire and at least 10 buildings have been destroyed.
Areas under Immediate Evacuation Orders:
- All areas west of Miners Ranch Road from the intersection on Highway 162 to Oro-Bangor Highway, including the Oaks mobile home page, Mt. Ida Road, Skyline Blvd., and Oakvale Avenue.
- All areas south of Highway 162 from the intersection of Miners Ranch Road to Oakvale Avenue.
- All areas east of Oakvale Avenue from Highway 162 to Miners Ranch Road including Oro Bangor Highway
- Oakvale Avenue, Rachel Drive, Skyline Blvd, LaMirada Avenue, and Lower Mt. Ida Road
- All roads north of Forbestown Road between Lumpkin Road and Highway 162.
- All roads east of Miners Ranch Road between Lumpkin Road and Highway 162.
- Hurleton Swedes Flat Road from Grand Oak to Swedes Flat and all connecting roads.
- Swedes Flat Road from Chinese Wall Road to Robinson Mill Road and all connecting roads.
- Swedes Flat Road from Oro Bangor Hwy to Chinese Wall Road and all connecting roads.
- Black Bart Road and all connecting roads.
Areas under Evacuation Warning:
- All areas north of Highway 162 from Miners Ranch Road to Glen Drive/Oro Quincy Highway
- All areas east of Oro Dam Blvd. from Highway 162 to Lake Oroville, including Canyon Drive and Longview Drive.
- All areas east of the following roads:
- Arbor Avenue from Highway 162
- Hillsdale Avenue
- Edgewood Avenue
- Pinedale Avenue
- Foothill Blvd. to Oro-Bangor Highway
- Oro-Bangor Highway from Foothill Blvd. to Lower Wyandotte Road
- Upper Palermo Road to the intersection of South Villa Road.
- All areas north of South Villa / Grubbs Road from the intersection of Upper Palermo to Dunstone Road
- All roads south of Olive Highway between Oakvale Avenue and Miners Ranch Road.
- All roads east of Oakvale Avenue between Olive Highway to Miners Ranch Road.
- Foothill Blvd. from Dunstone Drive to Miners Ranch Road
- Robinson Mill Road and all connecting roads
- Forbestown Road from Hurleton Road to Old Forbestown Road
- Forbestown Road from Upper to Lower Hurleton Road
- Oro Bangor Hwy from south of the Jandar Crossing to north of Avocado Road
According to CAL FIRE, six injuries have been reported. Five civilians and one crew members but all were minor injuries. A total of 10 structures have been destroyed and five have been damaged. A total of 500 structures are currently threatened by the fire. Officials expect total containment of the fire by July 15.
PG&E said crews have de-energized the circuit for the area per a request from CAL FIRE. PG&E officials said this shutoff power to 287 homes. As of Saturday morning, 364 PG&E customers were without power in areas around the fire.
An evacuation center has been opened at The Church of the Nazarene in Oroville, 2238 Monte Vista Ave. A small animal evacuation center has been set up at Old County Hospital, 2279 Del Oro in Oroville, until 11 p.m. A large animal evacuation center will open at Camelot, 1985 Clark Road, until 9 p.m.
A public information line has been set up at 530-538-7826.